View Single Post
Old September 13th, 2019, 11:47 AM   #10
cveilleux88
ninjette.org member

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja EX250F

Wish i could do a screenshot on my computer. but I've been looking around to see what a good setting for tolerance when doing the valve adjustment on these ninja 250's?
I have a 2006 ex250f so I believe I have the little rocker arms & not buckets/shims to check. I'll know when I open it up.
anyways, I'm thinking I shouldn't even have to check the clearance since I only have 1800 miles on the bike. I purchased used not long ago from a guy had it sitting in garage without title. find out the bike hasn't even been registered for 10yrs and no clue who last person to register the bike was. lol.
I got the bike running the other day after cleaning the tank, new ignition, carb check ect. ect. Anyways, the bike boggs down under throttle & acts as if getting too much fuel. First time the bike fired up in years & I didn't even need to choke the carbs.. hmm. I'm trying figure out where to start, pretty sure I'm need the completer carb tear down & cleaning. was just thinking I should double check valve tolerance while I'm at it??
I see allot about using the .005 feeler gauge on exhaust & intake valves, but what I found in the FSM for tolerance is different. I copied and pasted the specs from the FSM. I'm curious if anyone has done the tolerance to these specs & how it turned out? Or if .005 is the way to go??
& this is why I feel the need to open'r up & check what they are set to. since the bike is nearly new engine wise, I feel they couldn't be far off from what the factory set them to.

Engine Top End
Valve Clearance:
Exhaust 0.22 ∼ 0.29 mm (0.0087 ∼ 0.0114 in.) – – –
Inlet 0.15 ∼ 0.24 mm (0.0059 ∼ 0.0094 in.)

Thoughts & Opinions Greatly Appreciated 8)
cveilleux88 is offline   Reply With Quote