View Single Post
Old August 14th, 2017, 05:23 AM   #1
Flashesbuck
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Dustin

Motorcycle(s): CBR600 F4I, Ninja 650

Trading Down to a 300??? Opinions?

Ok, so here is the deal. I currently have a CBR600 F4i, and the wife rides a new Ninja 650. I am wanting to move away from the CBR, I am really kickin around the idea of trading down to a Ninja 300. I have several people that are interested in trades. But I’m not sure I can bring myself to it. I am concerned it won’t handle my weight well, and the actual size of the bike. Am I going to look like a dork with my 230lb but on this bike up on the highway? I have been watching videos online and it looks like they have plenty of power to keep up with the traffic here in ohio.
I tried looking around online of a photo of the 300 setting beside the 650, just to try to get a good comparison of what they would look like together, but I cannot find anything. I am starting to commute to work a lot on the Ninja, and would actually enjoy the added MPG’s the 300 would offer, looks like a difference of about 10? Also I bet the insurance would be considerable less.
I am an experience rider, but I don’t want to get bored with the 300. I really don’t want the fuss of carburetors. So I am trying to narrow my trade to FI bikes only, and a ton of people popped up with 300’s. I guess I’m really just dragging my feet on it, waiting for someone with and ABS models to pop up.
Flashesbuck is offline   Reply With Quote