View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2020, 04:00 PM   #5
memphisninja
ninjette.org member

Name: Spencer

Motorcycle(s): 06 Ninja 250 and Suzuki Burgman 400. Previously owned: 78 KZ650, 80 KZ440, 03 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Great project!

Shoot, too late! I have spare upper triple-clamp I could’ve sent you!

Be careful about spending too much on these builds. Sum of all little parts here and there could’ve gotten you running EX250 already assembled.
So far I am only in $445 grand total ($150 for the bike, $60 in gas to get it, and $235 in parts so far.) I sure do appreciate it though!

Here is an update and some more pics.

So I made my own custom 1/4 fairing with the touring windshield. I still gotta fabricate some lower mounting brackets, but it should be fairly easy, I was thinking about some metal straps. Anyway, in the pictures it's just mocked up, so there is still some gaps, but that will go away once I make the proper brackets and get some stock mirrors back on.

As far as the rest of the bike goes, I installed a upper triple tree, got my new pirelli mt75 rear tire in,installed throttle cables, installed handlebars and controls, installed foot peg brackets, installed fuel petcock, organized carbs and parts so it can be cleaned, got my K&N air filter in, got some bigger jets for it, and I sealed up the bolt holes on the gas tank.

Not too much left. I just gotta get a front tire and get tires mounted and balanced, clean,install, and adjust the carbs, install a battery, re-grease the bushings, re-torque all bolts to spec ,valve adjustment, oil change, bleed brakes, install headlight bulb, install stock mirrors, and clean and oil the chain. Should have all of this done by next weekend. I plan to spend no more than $700 grand total. But when I am done I should have a Ninja 250 worth double that.

memphisninja is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.