View Single Post
Old February 18th, 2012, 01:22 AM   #146
thebozenator
ninjette.org member

Name: Ricardo

Motorcycle(s): Red 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsims321 View Post
While pulling into a mcdonalds yesterday guy in his car next to me leaving says "SWEET DUCATI BRO!" I still had my helmet on so i just gave him a thumbs up figured it wasnt worth the time it would take to explain how wrong he was.
I get that Ducati comment a lot (Red Ninja FTW).

long and slightly related story, my best friend knows pretty much nothing about bikes. When I told him I was getting one I said I was getting a Ducati (to mess with him of course ). He wanted to know which so i showed him a picture of a red Street fighter (I knew I was going to get a red bike at this point). Of course he believed me and the day I get my Ninja he says "#$%&. I cant believe you actually got a Ducati".... He believed it.

A few weeks later he asks why its says Ninja on the side if its a Street fighter. Of course I wanted to see how far I could take this so I told him the bike came with full body sliders (aka the fairings) to help in a crash. I told him they were made by Kawasaki and the product name is Ninja sliders. Of course he still believed it.

About 5 months I though it was finally time to break the news and of course when I tell him its actually a 250R he thinks im lying... So to this day I apparently have a Ducati with Kawasaki frame sliders...