Thread: Dumb@ss
View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2021, 05:41 PM   #13
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I've discovered the hard way that Keeping secrets from smart wives is not a smart thing to do...no matter how small tell her of the screw up, wasn't your fault the strap broke, **** happens ! ...
Yes her short inseam is a problem on todays bikes ! that is one major reason I decided to go with the CSC RX4 it's low seat height ! and I agree with your Smart wife having your feet flat on the ground IS a Safety issue !
I have a 30" inseam and that presents a major problem touching the ground on 99% of the newer bikes out there....the RX4 has a 31" seat height and the rear preload can be adjusted down even further.
I can only touch the ground on my tippy toes with boots on when the seat height is 34" and I will not own a bike I can't flat foot both feet at a stop sign
I had a XRL650 Honda that was so tall it was unreal it doesn't work for me!
in my opinion its dangerous and presents a constant danger.... you can't always slide off the seat fast enough to get that foot down and you fall over !
i did that several times before I made new links for the mono shock and lowered the rear to where the swing arm was almost horizontal then I could flat foot it... I also dropped the forks in the triple trees about 2"
so I wound up loosing ground clearance by 3 to 4" over all but out of the 10 or 11" of ground clearance it had it was no loss at all !
Bob......