View Single Post
Old June 11th, 2012, 11:28 PM   #11
SafetyPaws
ninjette.org member

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles View Post
Lol for tags you just put @SafetyPaws thats it.

Actually the other night we were passing around the shock collar putting it up to our necks and barking at it. It was actually quite fun.

This dog was my grandpas dog before he committed suicide with donuts, when she lived there he would feed them everything he ate by dropping it on the ground, burgers, chicken, everything. She would pee and **** in the house and she was a disgusting mess. She was fat as hell, I'd say a good 25-30lbs, shes now about 12-15lbs. She would also always bark all the time. This dog never had a lick of training all her life. I've trained my other dogs quite well but this one there is just no hope for. It's like shes got ADD or something. I'm considering buying a shock collar with a remote to get her to stop other behaviors. Most notably, eating cat **** out of the catbox, shes the only one of my dogs that still does it. She will go in there when she thinks I'm not looking and grab a juicy nugget. Honestly I have no idea how to make her stop. But the shocks have been working so well that I figure if any time she takes a step into the room with the catbox I shock her, she will eventually stop.
how old is the the dog, im glad she got her diet back. If you dont mind me asking, grampa commit suicide with diabetes(i hope)? as for being taizerd(spelling?) is quite fun, ive been tasered twice in my life willing, it was an awesome feeling. The jolts running through your body, i was able to feel it every where. Very awakening feeling. Electric fences are also fun, HS coaches farm = fun trips. The shock collar are potent for a training tool i would use, try a clicker instead, all you need to do is break their focus - shocker is just lazy mans versions. you could teach an old dog new tricks, or non training dog for that matter. my lab was rescue and he was wild, he would charge at everything and was like typical bad dog in movies, like marley from marley in me, just a wonderful menace. He knows who the alpha is, without abuse, common argument nature vs nurture, feared vs loved.

for the cat litter, i dont know how this will effect the cat going to the bathroom, but Hotsauce never fails, even with my lab who eats everything outside, (still trying to break that, sticks, leaves, small pebbles). First time you give her hotsauce if u have not, record it its great. If she likes it, go for Red Hot Extra Hot, or regular Tabasco or Habenero is what i use. I spray my own concoction of hot peppers / sauce in the garbage when we throw away bones, chocolate or other dog toxins in the garbage. If the cat isnt bothered by it it should work. Even buy some habeneros from meijer, grab one fresh one, cut it and instead of scooped the cat poo out, rub habenero on it and leave it in there. Your dog will learn. and peppers are harmless, besides the heat from the capsicum that they don't like, they are actually quite healthy for em. Excuse my spelling.

let me know how that works, id try the rubbin hot pepper on it first so the cat wont not use the box any more.