View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2016, 01:29 PM   #33
JasonJ
ninjette.org member

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 1980 Yamaha XS850G Midnight Special, 32k Miles; 2000 EX250F, <5000 Orig Miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abu_Mishary View Post
Here in Malaysia, there is no such thing as "getting a new bike" for insurance coverage. It is either claim for a total lost, (which later any amount of residue left from deducting of the remaining vehicle loan will be handed back to u and u use it for a downpayment for another bike), or if the damages are just cosmetics, the insurance company will only pay up to 80% and the rest is by your own money.

the saddest part is the tank. The insurance company will only bear the repair cost, including paint job which clearly done by a third party rather than Kawasaki.

bummer huh?
Abu, sorry to hear about this incident.

Also, it sounds like people and insurance in Malaysia SUCK. It is beyond me how you can call up the owner of the lorry company and he can at first deny and decline ANYTHING!!! How is their liability in question? Is this guy an idiot? lol.

I hope it all works out for you.. I am utterly shocked as well that your lawyer would not come with you to the "dude you're screwed" meeting.. if even just to charge for an hour of his time. It seems to me, even in a meeting like that, you'd want representation.

I mean... you think they wont be bringing their lawyers? Yes, yes they will. Or at least consulting them.
JasonJ is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.