View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2018, 08:56 PM   #13
greg737
-

Name: -

Motorcycle(s): -

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerdad View Post
Thanks! I really hope it's the drain plug and not the case. I've never installed a heli-coil type product. I'll find out soon enough.
Although, if there are still useful/solid threads in the oil pan but it still leaks just a drip every so often, which is what my 2005 EX250 does, maybe a "sealing washer" is all you need.

The following paragraphs are a cut-and-paste of some advice given by another member here on the forum (triple Jim I think). This advice worked for my slow drip oil pan drain plug leak:

I've started using Parker Stat-O-Seals for those washers on my motorcycles. They have a rubber insert that seals without relying on squashing a metal washer, and they can be used multiple times. One place to buy them is McMaster-Carr, and the M12 size is McMaster-Carr part number 93786A200. You can plug that into www.mcmaster.com to see what it is.

They're only $1.50 each, but at McM you have to buy 10, and then pay shipping. You may find another source for getting a couple that's cheaper. Luckily I buy from McM regularly, so I just added a pack to an order.

Generic search phrases would be something like "m12 seal washer" or "m12 stat-o-seal"
greg737 is offline   Reply With Quote