View Single Post
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:42 AM   #9
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
Ouch! I've heard the term degloving before. Heal up! I'm glad the emergency personnel were there to help you.
Thanks. Yeah, graphic and not pleasant to think about. I've been scheming on how to track down the mailing address of some of the responding personnel for purpose of sending a few thank-you notes. On one hand, they were merely doing their job. On the other, that job was taking care of me and I feel it deserves acknowledgement of gratitude. I think that was grammatically incorrect but hopefully you understand what I'm saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadd View Post
Holy crap!!! I'm so sorry to hear about the accident =( Wishing you a speedy recovery with as little pain as possible. I'm glad you shared your story. It's a good reminder for all of us to ride even more defensively.
Yeah. It's easy to overlook the danger involved with daily riding. Serious stuff, guys.

Thanks for the kind words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Well crap, that sucks.

Did you have riding boots on? That injury does sound painful. If you feel like discussing it - did it (the leg injury) happen exactly?

Heal up quick.
Nope, not wearing riding boots. I was in my typical work attire which includes "boots" that have ankle support but they have no-where near the amount of protection that my riding boots have. If I were wearing boots, my leg would be fine right now. Hindsight is 20/20.

It took a fair few minutes to clean the dried blood off my right work boot yesterday. And of course, replacing the lace that the EMT cut off with scissors. Those guys turned my clothing into confetti. Within about a minute, the scissors were directed toward my only remaining garment. I had to forcefully stop the dude from trying to cut my underwear off. I was like "there is nothing wrong with anything in that area!" and he's like "yes, but we need to take a look and make sure!" and I'm like "dude, take your hands off my johnson. You need to trust me on this!" Most of the 10-15 ppl in the emergency room were trying not to laugh.

Hopefully I'm not sharing too much information. I figure that most of you guys have no freakin clue how much excess energy builds up when you have to sit stationary for an entire week. I could write an entire book about this lol.

4 out of 4 members found this post helpful.