View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2017, 01:45 PM   #32
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
the thought process of a responsible rider, which I believe corksil to be.
lol thanks bud. This crash was a wakeup call on many levels. I need to slow things down in various different aspects of my life. Riding the bike is a way to blow off steam. Obviously if I didn't have as much "steam" to "blow off" -- I wouldn't have been going so fast and wouldn't have crashed.

I'm speaking in metaphors but hopefully conveying my point adequately.

Easy to get stuck in mentally disadvantageous thought loops. Here's one, for sake of example. "thought process of a responsible rider. but I, the "responsible rider" crashed. maybe that means that he is not a responsible rider. maybe that means he was riding irresponsibly. maybe i'm losing my mind. maybe i already lost my mind. but if lost my mind, i might not have noticed when it happened. motorcycles don't crash themselves. why was i going so fast. there was no hurry. i crashed the bike, it didn't crash itself. a responsible rider would not have crashed the bike." AND THEN IT REPEATS.

I'm going to hum quietly to myself and try to think about something else now.