View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 05:52 AM   #13
BeeLDub
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
The owner's manual is a small booklet (small enough to fit under the seat). It comes with the bike. It does have some stuff like maintenance schedules in it, but that's about it. It's the equivalent of your car's owner's manual. Not terribly useful. When I get a new bike, I flip through it and chuck it in a drawer, never to be consulted again.

The service/maintenance manual is 8.5x11 and maybe 150 pages or something like that. A substantial book. It's something you have to buy separately. It tells you how to actually work on the bike, up to and including a full rebuild. That's the one that gets dog-eared and smudged.

Worth every penny if you do your own work.
Thanks! I'll try to get my hands on one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
hi and welcome!!!

To troubleshoot non-working turn-signal:

1. check fuses. Don't just look at them, measure their resistance electronically. Many times a fuse can look just fine, but won't conduct any electricity. Replace fuse if non-conductive.

2. test bulb first. Measure resistance of filament. Or apply power & ground with jumper or test cables. If bulb-lights up, then.

3. find wire-connector on inside of fairing and make sure it's connected.

4. if wire-connector IS connected, then disconnect it. Test for +12v & ground on harness-side connector.

5. if no power at turn-signal light connector, work you way up harness and make sure wire isn't broken. Then test for +12v coming out of turn-signal switch.

One of these tests will pinpoint problem area. No need to go further upstream than signal switch as the other side is working, so input +12v source to switch is OK.
Thank you! The PO thinks he may have left it unplugged I'll check it next time I get to the bike. It's only the front left that doesn't work, so it may have been a cheap light. I'll get a new set if I have to, their cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick9611 View Post
i have a used pair of set up boots for free just pay shipping. size 13 oh,welcome
Thank you, but that's a little big for me.

While on the subject, what sites are best for parts/accessories/gear? Motorcycle-Superstore seemed to have good prices, but Amazon just barely beat them, and free 2-day shipping for most of it.

I'm currently shopping for Jacket, Pants, Boots, Front Tire, Rear Tire, an Oil Filter, a Lock, a Cover, Shorties, and I would like to swap the headlights, tailights, and rear turns to LED.

Thanks for all of the help so far guys, and thanks in advance for anymore help you can provide!
BeeLDub is offline   Reply With Quote