BeeLDub
ninjette.org member

Name: Brandon

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacRyann View Post
hi and welcome!!!

To troubleshoot non-working turn-signal:

1. check fuses. Don't just look at them, measure their resistance electronically. Many times a fuse can look just fine, but won't conduct any electricity. Replace fuse if non-conductive.

2. test bulb first. Measure resistance of filament. Or apply power & ground with jumper or test cables. If bulb-lights up, then.

3. find wire-connector on inside of fairing and make sure it's connected.

4. if wire-connector IS connected, then disconnect it. Test for +12v & ground on harness-side connector.

5. if no power at turn-signal light connector, work you way up harness and make sure wire isn't broken. Then test for +12v coming out of turn-signal switch.

One of these tests will pinpoint problem area. No need to go further upstream than signal switch as the other side is working, so input +12v source to switch is OK.
Commuted on the bike this morning and checked out the light first. It was unplugged... haha. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by "A" View Post
Welcome, I'm near Valley Forge, PA.. mostly on weekends only.

Lots of decent riding in the Lehigh Valley.

Hit me up when you are ready to ride.

First SUN of everything month is the Ephrata, PA gathering. Always a good time to seem many interesting motorcycles.
I'll have to check out Ephrata. My GF lives in Exeter, so I spend a lot of nights there, and keep the bike there, so it wouldn't be a far ride! I have most of my gear now, I PM'd you. I found what I thought (through reviews, descriptions, and prices) are the best tires for me, looks like they're also what originally came with the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
Welcome. Can't give you much more advice than the awesome advice you already got.
@JacRyann I always admire your patience and know how when it comes to wiring. I may need you this winter when I clean up Lucy's wiring from all the LED lights she had on her once upon a time. The previous owner had a wife that loved everything fancy, bright, and loud. So it left me with a headache. However her need for loud also left me with a full Muzzy so for that I would like to shake her hand. The story is that she complained the bike "wasn't loud enough" so she got a new exhaust. Anyway, I'm rambling as usual.

To the OP nice bike. The retail value of your 2009 is $2475. It's for you to decide if that's fair. I love blue so yours is good on my eyes. For anything you buy aftermarket or OEM always check eBay. They've gotten a ton of my money for my '01 and '06 but the hundreds I've spent would probably have been thousands if not for them. There are sub-forums for year specific 250's that are very helpful to anything from decals to an engine rebuild. Everyone here is so helpful and so full of good information. And it seems to be a smaller community which guarantees answers to your questions and even a certain level of trust. Enjoy your bike. Learn at your own pace. Glad you took the safety course it's a must IMO. My dad was a racer and I was sitting on bikes as a baby, I still took it.
I think I got a good deal then! I like the bike, only a very light drop that did no physical damage, just cosmetic that has been fixed. The damage and tires probably bridge that $425 gap a bit, but I'm happy!

Thank you everyone else for the greetings!
BeeLDub is offline   Reply With Quote