adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
I'm pondering trading in for an R3. What do you all think comparing the Ninja 400 with the R3? One of the guys at the shop told me a Ninja 300 modded ends up being around the same performance stats as a stock R3 but I haven't talked to anybody about a 400 in comparison.
I don't buy that 300/R3 comparison. The Ninja 300 and R3 are direct competitors in stock form.

Rule of thumb: If you want to see what bikes are solid, look at what track riders are gravitating to and look at the performance parts aftermarket. I'm seeing a lot of R3s these days.... not as many Ninja 300s, thought it is certainly a viable ride. There's a decided lack of interest in other bikes in the class, notably the Honda CBR300. I think I've seen exactly one CBR250 in four-plus years at the track.

Haven't heard of any issues with the R3.

The Ninja 400 is going to be a noticeable bump up, much as the 300 was a noticeable move up from the 250.

If you're thinking about trading soon, the best deal is going to be for a Ninja 300. As a discontinued model (being replaced by a bigger bike AT THE SAME PRICE no less), dealers will be anxious to move them out the door. If you can wait until next year, look for absolutely screaming deals before the 2019 riding season starts.

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.