Thread: New noob
View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2018, 10:16 AM   #12
CaliGrrl
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Kerry

Motorcycle(s): Ninja650

MOTM - Apr '18, Apr '17, Apr '16
My husband has ridden since forever, and I always worry, though I know his defensive-driving skills are impressive.

I'm sure he worries about me, since I've only been riding a couple of years now. I've worked on my defensive-driving skills; I've always been a believer in it, but riding a bike has taken that game up a notch or three in a way that surprised me. How do I ease his worries? I've made sure to be fairly visible about being defensive on the roads, to let him see me making good choices when we ride together.

So as far as allaying your worries.... Set a timeline where he isn't allowed to ride on his own, only with you? Let him learn while you watch him. Make him demonstrate he understands how to stay safe on the roads?

I don't have kids myself, but the thing that made an impression on me when I *was* a kid learning to drive was a near-crash that my dad was able to avoid by defensive driving. I decided in that moment that I'd listen to what the old man said when he taught me to drive.
CaliGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote