View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2016, 06:51 PM   #47
Burphel
ninjette.org member

Name: Brian

Motorcycle(s): Triumph Bonneville, Ninja 300

Project day 9: Oct 7

Picked up my bike at storage for the track day tomorrow. It was raining a bit too hard to work on it before loading up, so I did a couple things once I got home.

*Got the left grip off the bar. What a PITA. Kawi went a bit nuts with the grip glue.
*Levers/buttons/grip moved over to new clip ons.
*Clip ons temporarily mounted above the triples. I couldn't get the stem nut off with the bike in the trailer and didn't feel like unloading and reloading just for that. They're only part-way on, but it should be good enough for towing.
*Yosh rearset brackets installed. This makes a *huge* difference, even just sitting on the bike lashed to the trailer.
*Filled up with E-free 92 so if I don't get another ride in, the tank's good for the winter.

*Oh, I didn't mention this, but the picture reminded me. Sometime last weekend I relocated the ignition off of the steering stem and have it zip-tied to the lower fairing brace. Mainly this gets the key out of easy view, although less weight on the steering head is theoretically a good thing.

Tomorrow is supposed to be dry, but start out cold. My plan is to show up in time for gate-open and tinker through the first session or two to let the track get warmed/dried up a bit. I need to get the clip ons mounted properly and I want to put in the preload adjusters. Also, I need to torque all the stuff I've done today. Also, I'm planning on pulling out the thermostat from it's housing and either drilling it a bit or just leaving it out entirely depending on how it looks.

Last futzed with by Burphel; October 9th, 2016 at 04:43 PM.
Burphel is offline   Reply With Quote