View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2017, 09:38 AM   #32
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
One word of caution - the motorcycle industry is not stable.

Good jobs are hard to find, even in good times, and the pay is usually not the best. Right now the motorcycle industry is in decline - especially Harley. I doubt they are hiring. Polaris Industries shut down the Victory line, but has shown steady sales of Indian motorcycles even as overall sales of motorcycles and scooters are down.

Sport Rider magazine just shut down after 25 years. Sales of sport bikes have been consistently slipping.

I don't want to be all negative, but just wanted to point out the current situation affecting the industry.

As a female rider you may have more opportunities. The female rider section of the industry has been growing in recent years.

I know you are an enthusiast, and wish you the best of luck finding a fun and exciting position in the industry.
You make some very valid points. The motorcycle industry like many others slip and slide occasionally. I don't think it's all gloom and doom and I don't think that's what you are saying. EVERYTHING goes through cycles; the auto industry, the economy, even the weather.

"And the seasons go round and round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on a carousel of time . . ."

Bill