View Single Post
Old February 12th, 2020, 12:04 PM   #30
NorthernNinja
ninjette.org member

Name: Jordan

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymod View Post
You can pretty much make anything fit when you are a machinist. I don’t think I took any pictures of the mods I had to do, but if you want to chat sometime I could explain what had to be done. You will need a lathe and a mill( or a very good drill press)
Definitely agree with you there! I have a pretty good drill press, but i've got access to a machine shop as well luckily. Once i'm at that stage if the budget allows it i'll definitely get in touch with you, sounds good. one question, if you swap the internals into the 250 fork tubes, what functions do you get adjustment of? the ZX6R I believe has compression, rebound, and preload, right? But aren't some of those external adjustments on the forks? Do you get the full adjustability in the 250 tubes, or is it just a bit better baseline?

Also what rear shock are you using?

And as for brakes, I didn't really think dual rotors would be necessary either, and I don't like the idea of adding all the extra weight. I'm going to go to steel braid brake lines to start and a better set of pads. Did you have to change the mounting of the caliper to go with a bigger rotor?
NorthernNinja is offline   Reply With Quote