View Single Post
Old July 23rd, 2015, 08:57 PM   #1
sh123469
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): EX250, Suzuki Savage, 76 Goldwing restoration project, 71 CB350, 73 Yamaha GT1,

Misfiring at low revs

I have noticed recently that when I turn a corner nice and slow, sometimes my bike misses on one cylinder a little before I speed back up. This is the only time it misses.

I checked my plugs tonight thinking it might be one of them. Both were gapped at .020 so I re-gapped at .025. Bike sounds a little better and seems like it might pull just a little harder. But, the low speed miss is still there.

While I was looking around, I noticed that the PO had butted up the connections from the air box but didn't reconnect them. After spending all the time trying to get them on, I know why. That air box is some kind of torture device. I just hope I remember the combination to get it back on next time.

Now, the miss, I'm thinking it must be carb related since the plugs made no difference. I have noticed that sometimes with no load like going slightly downhill and the engine is just turning freely, neither pulling or dragging, I hear one cylinder sputtering. I have been figuring this was carb related.

What do you all think about this problem?

A little info. 2005 Ninja 250, no mods, bone stock except the PO removed the baffles from the very back end of the mufflers, 14,400 miles on it. Just put gas in it 5 days ago and down to about half a tank now. Always run reserve a couple minutes after filling up, so it shouldn't be a water problem. Nothing but gas came from the bowls when I drained them to see if there was water.
sh123469 is offline   Reply With Quote