View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2015, 07:51 PM   #11
sh123469
ninjette.org member

Name: Steve

Motorcycle(s): EX250, Suzuki Savage, 76 Goldwing restoration project, 71 CB350, 73 Yamaha GT1,

Here's an update on what's going on.

I have removed and gone through the carbs. They were pristine inside. No crud, no discoloration, no marks where anyone had ever been in before.

Diaphrams and slide work great. All jets and passages clean and passing air with no problem. Chokes work as they should and slide is moving freely.

I always use real gas, no alcohol.

I have removed and checked / cleaned the plug caps and wires to the coils. I found nothing wrong there either. Everything looked pristine with dust on the outside of the items.

I did notice that the PO had installed Autolite plugs. According to Advance Auto they are the proper cross reference. I have NEVER had a good Autolite plug. They always cause misfires. I closed the gaps a little on the plugs from the factory specs and it runs better but the miss is still there, just not as bad. I'll be ordering the proper NGK plugs for it soon and see if that fixes the problem.

One other thing I noticed, since this started, I never have to choke it. Before, I always had to choke it to get it started, even if it was 85 deg. In fact, if I choke it now, it usually won't start.
sh123469 is offline   Reply With Quote