View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM   #2
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Anthony, That is very true. My garage/shop is a constant 60F. The cages get a washdown at the car wash around the corner once a week--concentrating on the undercarriage and the inside of the wheel wells. The motorcycle is left to equalize temperaturewise and is then thoroughly wiped down. I use my compressor and air hose to blow out any accumulated debris--concentrating on the header pipes, shifter, side stand, and brake pedal. A blast of air on the control surfaces--(levers and such ) also helps. Putting a little oil into the Allen Head screws--the four black ones inside the fairing with a Q tip and the two rivets holding the ignition key assembly also helps. I then wipe down the chain--clean it with WD-40 (not the aerosol type because the propellant attacks the O rings) and lube the chain with Maxxima Chain Wax. This does not take a long time. If I am not going to use the bike for a while, I raise it on a front and rear jackstand, plug in the Battery Tender, and cover the bike with a bike cover. I only rode the bike a couple times last winter. It is still in mint condition.
Sailariel is offline   Reply With Quote