View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2019, 08:59 AM   #22
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

Above a few have commented on how tough @adouglas was after his crash and he noted that he had just told me he "could see himself crashing in turn 1". What he actually said about turn 1 was less a prediction as a recognition that he was pushing harder and things could go wrong. I cant believe neither he nor I recognized this and discussed what was happening and why. A failure on both our parts = lesson learned. I will take anyone's comments about "cornering issues" or "possible crashes" a little more seriously at the track from now on!

This second part is something @adouglas should tell you although I doubt he will. After he crashed and stood back up, he signaled the corner worker he was ok. Since it was the end of the session and his bike was safely behind the tire wall as was he, there was no call for a Red Flag to stop the session. He picked up his shattered windshield and rode back to the paddock in the flatbed truck. After his R6 was safely unloaded, he was discussing his incident with several of us who wanted to know what happened. When one rider asked him "are you OK?" he answered "I don't know". Once we helped him wrestle out of his suit and Boots, one of the riders with some medical knowledge began to check his shoulder. He asked @adouglas several times if he had ever broken his collar bone on the left side. @adouglas answered "no" and was then advised to report to the Ambulance for further examination. There was no more than a passing mention that his shoulder did not feel right and we had to stop him multiple times from using his left arm/shoulder to pick things up or help him get up. I know that adrenaline will mask quite a bit of pain but some of the credit has to go to Mr. Fists composition.

I hope you don't mind me telling this part of your experience.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.