View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2023, 11:07 AM   #14
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I understand the question even with the bike stone cold you can get the bike to 10k RPM even without the choke on it will however cough spit and sputter and you have to work at it but it can be done.... but that is a horrable thing to do to a cold engine ! the ninja is a cold blooded beast at least that is my findings
it takes it 15 minutes to reach operating temp here at my place usually
you can tell it's getting warm when it finally starts taking throttle without sogging and having to have the choke on when it's warm it'll take throttle quickly and rev to the max with no hesitation but when it's cold it will sogg badly before it takes off .... obviously I do not wait 15 minutes before riding it so the first take off and stop light are less than perfect.... that is my experience
I am hoping alot of that will be cured by Gordons cleaning of the carbs....
but in his defiance the cleanest carbs on the planet are useless unless their set up correctly.... and you guys know me, I am apt to forget things ! or out and out do things wrong.... I think it's spark plugs and set up on mine....
I can't be certain because it "acts like dirty carburetors" but so do alot of things !.....
I remember my Honda 90 giving me fits one time thinking it was a dirty carburetor I cleaned it several times and it still did the screw up... I found out it was the points ! cleaned them up replaced the plug and it ran great !
Diagnosis is not always straight forward....usually it is but not always
so you have to entertain other possibilities !
Bob