View Single Post
Old March 28th, 2023, 07:21 PM   #30
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Ummm.... if you messed with the valves that means you did mess with the timing chain.... (I know the older versions you don't have to take the cam out on mine you do) but if the cam chain was slack or the crank turned backwards at any time in doing that there is a chance it is one tooth off
and that is what I first thought with mine i pulled the valve cover again just to double check and the marks were right on.... however I watched a youtube video where a guy walked you through each step on my bike and his timing marks differ from mine.... I have yet to figure that out ! it is quite possable I am one tooth off on the intake cam as I did Not take a picture before I took it apart..... when I double checked the cam timing I was positive the timing marks were spot on and the crank was where it should be and hadn't moved
.... I did not remove the thick rubber gasket on the head I saw no need, but maybe there is. as it might be able to line up on top of the gasket and be off I don't know.... if so that is really Picky timing !!!!
I really hope you find it as it will point the way to Mine ! LOL
Bob.....