Old June 25th, 2018, 03:18 PM   #113
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
MSF no longer gives wavers in Ohio, it is now a separate class. The BRS is part of the state and the BRC is part of MSF. The MSF has added other classes as well. The state no longer supports the revised BRC so it uses the BRS instead.
I spoke with a friend Who is an instructor with MSF and he said they want to focus on helping riders ride better in real situations on the street. This includes turns at speed.
it figures this crap has to be all confusing lol, thanks for checking that out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by THusker View Post
I sense a lot of determination here. good for you! sounds like you are doing everything you can to be safe in your area. I can understand wanting a little practice before taking the course.

You can simulate the harder launch of uphill in regards to clutch/throttle use on flat ground by leaving the bike in second or third gear when coming to a stop and taking off again. Then all you have to do when on uphill start is add proper timing and modulation of your brake release to the uphill starts.

I hold front brake when stopped and starting on uphills.

on sharp turns and U turns, I have found it best for me to be in second gear, and drag rear brake a little to adjust speed. Then if a little throttle is needed it is not overly responsive.
I might just try that before I try the actual hill again. Do that a few times and then try out what CaliGrrl was saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanoue View Post
That is what I usually do on an uphill standing start.

@Koala keep practicing. I like where your head is.
Thanks. I'm going to keep practicing. I know everyone here is here to help, even you @jkv45 ;-) I am open minded to all of it, and am doing my best to absorb all of your tips and understand where you come from when giving the advice you give. At the same time, I have also learned to take what is said with a teeny grain of salt, instead of just running with it. I learned that when told by somebody that has been selling and riding bikes for years (that I would think I could trust their experience) not to even adjust my shifter until I've been riding my bike for a while. If I had followed that advice I would either still be stuck putting around in first gear or I would have already wrecked my bike due to not being able to get my boot under the shifter.

thanks to everyone here for your support, your advice, all of it!

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote