Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb502 View Post
..........He said he didn't remember not turning, or why he had crashed, but said he wasn't doing anything that distracted him..........
He may have fallen to sleep for a couple of seconds.
I believe that the pole he hit could have ended his life in a snap.

An out of control car is always a scary view, especially if you are following it on a motorcycle:
Last week I was riding on I-95 while raining and following a flock of cars.
A big red SUV attempted changing lanes without any indication and having a car on the blind spot.
Slightly hit that car and went out of control, while the group of cars quickly spread away from it.
I was already slowing down and sorting the other cars when that lady recovered control of the SUV and stopped.

Everything happened surprisingly quickly but on a slippery road and with compact traffic moving at around 70 mph.

Many drivers are incapable of having full control over their cars, and even less drivers have an idea about the huge amount of destructive kinetic energy that a couple of tons moving at 100 feet/second have.
Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.