View Single Post
Old August 1st, 2019, 09:07 PM   #14
nocturncal
ninjette.org member

Name: Cal

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
Is the lever really going soft (lever goes to handlebar), or is the brake fading, when overheating causes the pad's coefficient of friction to be reduced, so you squeeze hard and don't get much stopping?

If it's really going soft, I'd flush the system and put in new fluid. There may be enough moisture in there to let the mixture boil when it gets hot.
I flushed the system today, and I think you are right. I didn't use brake fluid from an unopened container (I admit I was trying to find some use for the big container I bought and wanted to see if I could get away with an opened container). So I went out to but some new, unopened brake synthetic brake fluid and presto, my problems are solved.

There brakes are solid as a rock and stay solid. Feels like I can stop on a dime and have change to spare.

I went to bleed the rear brakes since I was already bleeding the front, and found some air bubbles. Now the rear almost feels TOO sensitive. I kind of want to bleed some air back INTO the system haha.
nocturncal is offline   Reply With Quote