View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:23 PM   #66
algs26
ninjette.org guru

Name: al

Motorcycle(s): ex300, gave up looking for a 250

Which street were you trying to turn left from? Redwood Rd or Skyline. Skyline looks like it has a protected left on Gmaps. I see all yellows on one side and at least straight greens (left arrow light view blocked by angle) on the other with a car turning left in street view if I click in a certain spot so your story seems plausible.

Check what the sequence of lights are because the cop may have assumed the wrong sequence. Most lights are both lefts on then the straights. But some are one side left and straight and other side wait then other side left and straight (low traffic). I think I've seen a few left and straight, then both straights, then other side left and straight.

If it's both lefts, and then straight (and then cross traffic) and you said he ran a straight yellow/red into (left turning) green you, it wouldn't make sense because the cross traffic would then get the green, not the left. This is what the cop may have been thinking.

Of course, this is assuming the guy didn't completely blow a solid red...

I think the insurance is who determines liability $$ but the cop could also give the other guy a ticket.
algs26 is offline   Reply With Quote