View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2017, 01:21 PM   #7
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitter View Post
I swapped the coils and the left cylinder still doesn't get spark so I'm assuming the coils are good.
We want to leave the coils and swap just the output-wire. We are testing the hi-ten plug wire to spark-plug. If you swapped left output wire along with coil to right side and it sparked there, then that should be good enough to rule out spark wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitter View Post
As far as checking for 12v at the red wire on the coils, I'm assuming key in the on position but bike not running?
Yep.

1. Here's solenoid test-light. It has duration-extending circuitry so that light stays on long enough for human eye to see. Otherwise flashes are too quick. Connect to each side of ignition-coil and should show flashing.
Solenoid test light

2. If coil not getting grounding signal from ECU, test continuity of black-wire from ECU to coil. Should be zero-resistance end-to-end on each side.

3. Connect solenoid test-light directly to ECU's output to coils. Use +12v power to ECU for one side. Should have flashing at ECU outputs on each side. Otherwise ECU's bad.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote