View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2019, 09:45 PM   #1
Seirra117th
ninjette.org member

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2008

pushing bike in 2nd clutch out seized engine?

Hi everyone thanks for reading this post. its my first here so probably gonna make some mistakes.

btw new bike owner of only 48 hours

so anyway i got this ninja 250r 08 dirt cheap but wont start.

known issues.......
broken clutch lever
broken kickstand - and kickstand safety switch - which is currently being bypassed
lights come on but no body home......(no sounds when keys turned to on)
battery 11.5v key off......tried jumpstarter pack.....still nothing when keys being turned to on
possible blown diodes......still workin on that

but i was trying to see if the engine was fully seized before trying to jump start it.

previous owner said 'it was running but now wont start' hmmm🤔 he bought it for fairings unseen and actually put it on the back of his truck and drove it to mine......so thankful for that

so my question is.......

putting bike in 1st release clutch and push.....rear wheel is really hard to move (im guessing high compreasion).......managed to get it into 2nd........was easier to push til i got to a point then could push past it with a little but more force then back to easy again.......(Q1 am i making a full rotaion here......Q2 is the harder push happening when im in the compression stage)........if i then kick it into 3rd it kinda just feels like it does in 2nd (Q3 is that because of higher gear ratio 3rds easier then 2nd).........

so doing all of that im hoping its telling me my engine isnt seize and its just a startup issue

Q4 hope i did ok here 🙄

thanks again too everyone

Last futzed with by Seirra117th; April 29th, 2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: added word to title
Seirra117th is offline   Reply With Quote