View Single Post
Old July 4th, 2019, 08:59 AM   #1
mjn76
ninjette.org member

Name: michael

Motorcycle(s): 09 ninja 250, 02 rc51, 04 f4i, 01 748s, 01 f4-spr,09 nightster, 93 sportster etc,etc,etc.....

does anyone race the 250 anymore?

I have been sitting on a 250 for a couple of years now that I bought for my niece and nephew, but they lost interest in learning so I have decided that I will just ride it myself.
I have plenty of other bikes but think I am at point that I want to simplify and have always liked "going fast on a slow bike rather than going slow on a fast bike"so that leads to the question of is there any one that actually races the 250's anymore?
I spoke to an old acquaintance who was huge into the 250s last we spoke (he and his son have both been ccs champs I believe) and he said that they are pretty much dead now with the 300 and 400s out. he will occasionally see a 250 with a 300 engine swapped in but other than that nothing.
I haven't been on a track in many years but my kids are just hitting the age where thy could apply for a license and I wouldn't mind turning this into a super cheap dual use machine (street/track, doing a family team challenge sounds like soooo much fun) but don't want to be a complete rolling chicane.
mjn76 is offline   Reply With Quote