View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2018, 07:06 PM   #35
snot
sammich maker

Name: snot

Motorcycle(s): 2013 white 300, 09 KLX 250 SF, 09 thunder blue 250(traded)

MOTM - Apr '15
To be clear the MSF is NOT the BRS. They are not related, stating the MSF did anything is not correct. They have nothing to do with the Ohio BRS. You keep calling it the wrong thing, this could be confusing to others. Your information could be incorrect as well, you might be getting information about a class that has or had nothing to do with what you took.
Stop calling it the MSF, you are giving them a bad name that is not deserved since you did not take a class taught by them.
MSF has several different programs that can help people in your situation, they are not local to you is the issue.

Remember you quit the class. They tried to get you to stay. #4 was your own anxiety, ride your own ride and ask questions is what you were told to do. Worrying about others was your choice. No one would have carried if you would need more attention. Did anyone complain to you? We're you told to hurry up? Did you ask for a demonstration of the maneuvers?
Because you started getting use to your bike, no bike other than yours was going to feel right. You needed to give it the full day.
I am 5' and rode a bike a little large for me, I was sore and bruised afterwards as well. I had never been on a bike or even started one before the class. I had issues off and on, mentally I had to get past it so I could continue. I almost wrecked in front of everyone, I took it as a lesson learned and moved on so I could learn the next step.

If you contact them, make sure you contact the right group. MSF would help you if you take the time to travel to one of thier classes.

Stop reading about advanced skill drills and methods until you learn to ride the basics. You are just going to confuse yourself. Coaches tell you to do something to get an action, they do this in few words so its easy to process. Over explaining turns to confusing, exposing multiple actions becomes cumbersome.

I am sorry if this is harsh, but I feel you need to take some responsibility to what happened. Many members here told you to wait, we did this to try to help you.

You can do this, you just need to try the actual MSF and then take the test or another method. The BRS is a great class for most people, just not everyone.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.