View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2018, 02:44 AM   #36
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
first off, let me apologize for any confusion I may have caused from my last post.

I was not in the MSF, I was in the program that replaced them in my state - Motorcycle Ohio.

what I was asking, was going by my experience, should I say something to Motorcycle Ohio. Because in comparison with others, it seems that they may have replaced the old program (MSF) with something that might not be as good for everyone involved.

I do take some responsibility for what happened. I know I took myself out when I was asked to stay. the reason I did so, is the mental state I was in. I did not want to reach the point where I might become a danger to myself or to others in the class nor did I want to impact their learning.

Worst case scenario - I could have gotten hurt due to a combination of my anxiety and their lack of direction.

Best case scenario - I could have stayed and done the drills, but I would have just been doing it to get through the day in one piece, not having fun and not actually learning anything.

the two instructors where very nice guys, and very knowledgeable. However, it was obvious that this class was not right for me. I was in the middle of the group able to see everyone else moving along alot faster, and people in my mirrors waiting on me. also, trying to get feedback on how I was doing shouldn't have felt like pulling teeth.

I already have plans to get myself back on track. I asked for help so I can get back on track. I was given the advice by the other instructors I talked to to just ride on my own and keep practicing, and then come back to their BRS that is in a smaller area so it normally has less people. they seemed more understanding of my issues with anxiety and the bike and most importantly THEY WERE WILLING TO WORK WITH ME. what i said to them didn't go in one ear and out the other to be followed with the canned response of "nobody here is watching you, everyone is making mistakes" line.

As I said, I take some responsibility but I think it goes to them as well. If hearing about my experience can help the Motorcycle Ohio program be a good thing for everyone that goes, not just people with no issues/anxieties at all, I think that would be a good thing.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.