Thread: OKC to KC
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #1
Trillian
ninjette.org member

Name: Beth

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

OKC to KC

We took a trip from OKC to Kansas City last weekend on the motorcycles. I loaded my Lil Ninja up as much as I could.

His bike carried most of the luggage, I'm too cool for saddlebags (not really) but the ones I want aren't in the budget yet.

The ride up was hard for me, I'd worked half a day, we were rushed to get there, and this was by far the longest distance I'd ever tried to go in one day on the bike. I had to stop way more often than I should have (like every 60ish miles) and I didn't keep up with him like I wanted to. Took us almost twice as long to get there as it should but we made it.

Saturday we did some more recreational riding. We took a drive to some of the areas he knew, and went to the coolest Renaissance Festival I've ever been to. He wrecked in a parking lot trying to push his bike harder than it wanted to be pushed (he was oh so very proud). He only lost a mirror and something I'd knocked off the last time I dumped it.

He did also show me this place, in the middle of suburb. For sure the best part of the whole trip.

This is the only pic I took of both the bikes, you can't see all his luggage. He was packed to the max.

All in all it was good experience for me, I discovered I can't stay on the bike long, and probably need an MP3 Player that I can hear while on the road. We need a way to communicate because neither of us understand each others hand signals. I also found out I LOATHE riding in a strange large city at night where I'm going, and in general am not a fan of night riding. Oh and he needs to get a camera so he can take pics of me!
Trillian is offline   Reply With Quote