View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2010, 06:53 AM   #61
TheDuck
Da Duckman

Name: Duckman

Motorcycle(s): '08 250R, '06 Chopper, '80 Puch Magnum II, '01 SV650, '99 CR250/CR500AF Sportbike. '02 CRF450/CR500AF Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rage42 View Post
Hey all, So I've been using the paddles on my rear stand to lift the bike...but over the winter I bought a front stand, and shogun rear spools.

The rear spool bolts, seem 1 size too big, the holes on the bike are 10mm right? I tried another 10mm bolt, and found an 8mm (knew it was gonna be too small)..I thought maybe the start of the hole was a little warped, but i don't want to force it, and it really seems too big. 9mm bolts don't seem to exist locally.

I also picked up a pit bull front stand, with a #1 pin as their guide stated. When lifting, the front fairing rests on the stand before it'll lift the bike, more than I thought was safe, so I backed off and gave up after a while. This sounds like I have the wrong pin, but I doubt checked the guide and it looked right. It was still in the dead of winter when I was trying this, and I hate the cold, so I just set it aside for the rest of the winter. I'll call them if I must, but any ideas?
The spool threads are definately 10mm, they are a bit snug though... I will admit that. Make sure the threads are absolutely clean, and if you have any doubts in the thread quality, chase it with an appropriate-sized tap.

It was smart not to let the bike rest on the fairings. On the front stand pull the pin out, and slip it into the underside of the steering stem on your bike. It should be a rather close fit and shouldn't wobble much at all, but it should slip in and out without any force either. If its loose or really tight, you have the wrong-sized pin.

As far as what # pin you need, I believe that varies across manufacturers.
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote