View Single Post
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #10
RedPepper64
Kawi Girl

Name: Heather

Motorcycle(s): '10 Ninja 250R Green SE, '13 Ninja 636 Pearl White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Come on all you track rats out there running the cartridge emulators! What oil weights are you guys using? Are you going light as my research would suggest? Or are you sticking with the heavy weight 15wt oil that Race Tech suggests which I'm thinking is for the normal damping rod system, not the emulators.

EDIT: Went digging through some past threads and it looks like there are a lot of people sticking with the heavier weights for the emulators, but I don't understand why? Perhaps it's part of the physics that differs between emulators and real cartridge forks? If this is the case, since I am a heavier guy should I increase my fork oil weight even more than you lighter folks racing out there on 15wt? Say, 20wt?
I'm using the 15wt at the 140 level as suggested. Just finished installing with the gold emulators, yellow springs, and new stiffer fork springs. Doing the sag and ride height Wednesday after work so I won't have feedback until then.

I'm not sure, but don't the springs take into account weight differences? What would going for heavier fork oil do?