View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2023, 08:19 PM   #72
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

This Picture really helped me clean my carbs where they were at least working for a little while... then a month or so ago I sent the carbs to Gordon and had him fix them !
these are very hard carburators to clean.... it seems that the passage ways are so small that compressed air doesn't do much at all I used a carburator brush and probe cleaning kit to clean them out the best I could and then made sure I had carb cleaner exiting all 4
points on the pilot circuit.... that took some doing ! it wasn't just a poke and spray affair i had to poke and use a thin stainless steel cable down the holes and work it around to get the blockage out ... doing that completely plugged one of the 4 passage ways completely, but I finally got it clear too.... put them back together and it ran fairly good so I ran it like that for a year.... but it still wasn't right and I could tell so I sent them to Ducattiman (Gordon) and had him fix the carbs and he found several things amiss like the wrong jets and a plugged pilot jet....even after all my hard work...
so he is very good at what he does save your self the problem and let a pro fix them for you...that's what I did and I am glad I did !
Bob........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carb cleaning01 NINJA.jpg (107.3 KB, 1 views)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.