View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM   #41
ScorpionNinja
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Dave

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 650RTE & 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (SOLD)

I think I'm having this problem right now on my 2009, with 13,000 miles on it. 100% STOCK!

But, I took off the carbs and took out both Pilot jets and both Main jets. ALL Jets are clean and i can see through the holes plain as day when held up in the sunlight outside!
I kinda blew out the carbs, I wasnt sure where to blow in/out with the air compressor, so i dunno if i got rid of any blockages!

-I drained all old gas (5-6month old gas with Sta-bil added last Fall). Gas tank now has 1 gallon of FRESH GAS. ***BEFORE I TOOK OFF CARBS I TRIED FRESH NEW GAS***

-The Carbs are clean, inside and out. I DIDNT have to clean them, but shot some carb cleaner into holes and areas that i figured. the float bowls area, no buildup anywhere, DIDNT need cleaning.

-The Diaphragms work like that diy video. smooth return/etc.

-I cannot see anything cracked or wrong with ANY of the gas/vacuum lines.

-Air filter is just fine too, NOT all dirty.

-When I move the carbs butterfly flappers open/closed, they seem to be very much (to my eyes) equally opening and closing. So "carb sync'ing" shouldnt be needed.

Anyother ideas?

Mind you, ATM the bike is still apart, so I havent put it all back together yet... until I figure out why.
ScorpionNinja is offline   Reply With Quote