View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #53
The Cycle Guy
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tim

Motorcycle(s): Yamaha DT50

Earlier today during our email exchange I asked Chad to be fair and include all the facts if he decided to "share his experience" with my company. Just as I feared, he left out some crucial details, but he also made up some things too.

He neglected to write that he first asked for a refund, then later switched to wanting a replacement, after I asked him where and when he bought his FastPack. He didn't buy it from us, and he was unable to say where it was purchased or when. I advised Chad that all warranty claims need to go through the dealer that handled the sale. Pretty standard stuff, right? Later on he gave me a vague story about it being a gift that was purchased at a "motorcycle rally" in Florida. No receipt, no dealer name, nothing. For all I know the tail bag was purchased 5 years ago, or came with a used bike, or bought from a friend, etc. I have, on occasion, sent out replacement products to customers who purchased it elsewhere, but those customer always sent proof of purchase from an authorized dealer.

Chad saying that we "admitted to having manufacturing problems in China" is a complete fabrication. Maybe Chad can post our entire email exchange, without editing it, and show me where I said that?

Chad, I'm sorry I didn't answer the phone. Why didn't you leave a message? The Cycle Guys is a 2 person company. We're often out back packaging and shipping. We don't always answer the phone. But I guarantee you that if you had left a message, I would have called you back within an hour.

Another detail that Chad left out was that despite no receipt, no dealer name, no information on the sale, I offered that he could send us the tail bag for review. If, as he stated, it was truly under a year old and only used 3 times, then the bag should be in pretty darn good condition other than the rip, and I would send him a new one. He refused to do so. He just wants a new product sent for free based on a story and a picture and nothing else. I'm sorry but life doesn't work that way.

99.9% of our customers love their FastPacks and our other products. While we're not perfect all the time, we do our best to keep our customers happy. We do not, however, offer a lifetime warranty. Chad, I'm truly sorry I was not able to make you happy, but I tried.

And my offer still stands.

Thanks for reading this everyone!
Tim Monroe
The Cycle Guys Inc.
The Cycle Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

6 out of 6 members found this post helpful.