View Single Post
Old November 26th, 2021, 08:00 AM   #7
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I think I would have gone with Yumm Yumm Yellow ( that's what the surfers call a bright yellow). you can't miss it even when it's dark and black is the perfect accent color... but to each their own !
bright colors are better than black in my book... almost all my bikes were black in the past... it looked cool ! but it has 2 things against it that I don't like a black bike blends in much easier than a white or red bike will... it's very hot in the summer as well.... and when I was at the ranch I left a freshly opened coke can on my tank and walked away and fed the horses... came back and that coke was almost too hot to pick up ! but I wasn't gone for more than 3 minutes !.....
think how much gas you loose to evaporation with a black tank ! it's gott'a be a bunch !
but for me white is out because of snow.... I don't plan to ride in the snow but if I do a white bike is invisible when there is snow on the ground.
...I remember vividly watching a Harley drive by one time ... what caught my eye was I saw a guy sitting coming down the road.... i had to take a double take just to see the bike it was white and chrome but the chrome didn't shine on an overcasts day it just looked grey... so this guy drives by and i follow him for a few miles to town.... the road was dry but the sides of the road were white with snow.... the blackness of the road made the dark parts of the bike disappear as well.... it's like nature wants to kill all motorcycle riders ! you couldn't see this guy for more than 500ft away from the side and behind him all you could see was his white helmet...which looked like a slow snowball..... moving in the air all by itself ..I remarked to the wife and she laughed saying Yes no white paint for you ! it was truly weird !
you could see his lights but they weren't attached to anything... you had to look hard to see him....
and that's a white bike..with a black leather rider and white helmet easy to see right ? LOL...
not with snow on the ground !
if and when I re paint the Triumph 750 it will probably be green and gold scales for the tank and side plates black for everything else...it will be a challenge to see if I can still do scales with a paint gun that is for sure !
Bob.......