View Single Post
Old November 3rd, 2022, 05:56 PM   #3
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I was planning on installing it today but I woke up at 5:00 PM !
(that's what I get for staying up all night I guess ! LOL)
In my youth I played around with swapping carbs on my Honda 90cc
and I got some Amazing results ! I put a Zundapp 200cc carb on that little honda 90cc and although it was a bitch to start, when I did get it going it was a real powerhouse ! it's like it would not start without pushing it up a big hill and then starting it in gear going down.... but it did run... I had to keep up the RPM to about 3000 RPM all the time or it would die... but that bike has twice the normal power !
I do Not expect that results here with this slightly bigger carb but I am hoping it will start easily and give it more grunt .....it should but weather it will be noticeable is another story.... to me , this carb is the one that should have been on it to begin with ! so I am not going over board at all....
I've seen on Youtube that the guy that posted putting on a 30mm carb on his Hawk wound up taking it back off as he could not get it dialed in correctly
I think it had a sogg in acceleration... which is easy to get doing this.
it seems silly to me to only change the carb and expect a change in performance because an engine needs to breathe and if it can't exhale it can't breathe ! so changing both the intake and the exhaust is also in order
...which I will probably do in the near future. but not right at this moment
I will just see if the darn thing actually works and go from there !

Bob.....