Thread: Idling issue
View Single Post
Old November 7th, 2022, 12:01 AM   #1
blanzer
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholas

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Idling issue

Hello all, now that I figured out my bike wasn’t starting cuz a loose spark plug connection (derp), I now have an idling issue that I still can’t figure out. I thought it was a vacuum leak issue from my carb boots which I have now replaced, and I still think it might be air related but we shall see what you all think. My idle mixture screws are currently at 5 turns out and have to be far out for the bike to even idle. And it only idles around 1.75k-2k rpm’s. I can possibly turn the screw out more to lower it but I don’t think it can go out much more and I’ve had it pop out from being too loose before lol. Sometimes the bike won’t even turn over and I have to always give it throttle to start regardless. And sometimes in a sweet spot. Sometimes it won’t start no matter how much I try but if I turn on the choke it will immediately start up and if I turn it off it’ll idle fine. Valves are adjusted. Carbs are clean. I was reading maybe I need to move up a size jet? I’m all out of ideas and honestly getting tired of this bike after 7 years lol let’s see if you all can help.
blanzer is offline   Reply With Quote