View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2022, 07:36 PM   #12
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
it's really odd to have things disappear in the shop.... I am beginning to believe in the "Void theory" where if you inadvertently drop a screw or something and it completely disappears it went into the VOID ! some times they return right where you thought it landed some times 20' away.... but that usually takes 12 to 24 hours for them to re appear !..... LOL
I remember dropping a 9/16" end wrench when carying an arm full of VW parts back to the Quanset hut one time ...I went back to look for it but it was no where to be found
and I had seen it fall and laying on the ground....
it was NOT there !.... I looked and looked ...it was gone...
the next morning about 10:00am I went up there to finish working on the VW and there was my wrench right where it had fallen the night before.....
these sort of things defies logic.... it can't do that ! but they do !!!!!
I bet you tomorrow when I go into the shop to work on the TT250 I will find that float needle laying there in plane sight ! ..... that just seems to be the way things work !
WEIRD !!!!
...lol later !
Bob.....
Yeah there IS something to that. I can't figure out how that works... but it's happened enough times that you know it's real!!

One time I was cleaning up after dinner. Wiped down stove-top at kitchen island and tossed sponge into sink while walking to bathroom. Wait a minute... no sound!!! Sink was full of dishes and silverware. It always makes noise when it lands!

I walked over to sink at same time as my wife, who was on other side of island. "It disappeared in mid-air!!!", she said. We look all over sink for it, under the dirty dishes, on floor around sink, all over kitchen, nowhere!!!! We loaded dirty dishes into dishwasher, figuring we would find it at bottom of sink. Nope! Cleared out sink and no sponge anywhere! Even reached down into garbage disposal and fished around in the gooey slimy mess... Nope, no sponge!!!

So we just went to bed; figured we were tired and didn't do thorough job of searching. Next morning, went to kitchen and THERE IT IS!!! In the nice clean sink I had hosed off night before!! WTF!@$#%€£!?

I should've set up video camera overnight! I bet it would've caught footage of "the VOID" portal opening up and my sponge flying out on same trajectory it was on when I tossed it night before!
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote