View Single Post
Old November 18th, 2022, 01:58 AM   #1
blanzer
ninjette.org member

Name: Nicholas

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

Electrical Issue

Alright folks, got a new issue now lmao. Honestly this bike is just becoming a hassle and I’m really ready to get rid of it. 7-8 years of just problem after problem. So this time something electrical is going on. Seems like a short but wanted to see what you all think.

First started a few days ago when I was showing my brother that my front brake light switch wasn’t working. And I was going to put a screwdriver in to show that the wires are fine but the switch was brand new so it was strange. But then he tells me my tail light went out when I touched it. Upon further examination one of the wires is almost cut off. I changed the fuse for tail with the spare and it worked again so I assume I burned it. Rode the bike 2 days no problems. Rode today and at one point the headlight went out. Thought the connection unplugged cuz it’s happened before. I checked and nothing. Thought the bulb so I looked up an Autozone and then when I went on the bike I saw the light was on again. So at that point I thought it’s the fuse. So I went over and got some fuses. Even took out the old one and switched it with a different one(tail) and it worked which was strange. Thought maybe the fuse was on its way out. Replaced with a new one and worked fine so figured that was it. Rode 15min it’s and parked and noticed my idle was higher than normal(3k). Saw and watched it and shortly after it died. Couldn’t restart. Wasn’t even attempting to turn over. Just clicks. Then it was buzzing and rpm’s moving as if battery was dead. I bump started it and it turned on. Start riding again and I noticed my headlight was off again. Also the further I went I noticed my lights on cluster were dimming. Got to an intersection and it died. Could not bump start at all again. Ended up getting towed home. What do y’all think?
blanzer is offline   Reply With Quote