View Single Post
Old November 22nd, 2022, 07:20 PM   #25
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

well I went out to the shop and put the charger on the almost dead battery again...
turned on the gas and choke and it cranked a long time and only fired every once in a while. (not like it had been starting it had been starting real easily)
but after a while I finally got it to fire and try to idle but died after playing with it for about 5 minutes I finally got it running and warming up... it was really cold I have to admit
.... anyway I let it warm up a few minutes and then reved it up to 4000RPM where there was a stumble before and the stumble is completely gone now... so I am happy about that ! and it seems alot faster grabbing the RPM's ....
and no flat spot so we'll see what a run does as far as plug color goes now .....
so I shut it off and came back inside and thought about it.... i didn't think about it at the time but changing the jet needle will probably effect the idle air screw mixture depending on if it is seated completely or not... so I should re adjust the idle air screw for highest idle at really low RPM's.... I will do that tomorrow !
doing that should fix the hard starting I think.
I have a friend I have been chatting with in Butan for about 15 years now , a young kid
who is very enthusiast about strap on the back helicopters.... although that has wained
we have been batting projects back and forth for years..... and he finally got himself a Yamaha MT 15 V2 .... a 155cc 2022 bike and he is extatic to say the least !
he's finally got a motorcycle ! it turns out that that bike isn't sold here, just in other countries like Deli, India ! so I down loaded a owners Manual for it and I am really impressed with that little bike it has fuel injection abs brakes on the front wheel ( not both!) and puts out about 18 hp
and that is almost the same HP as my TT250 ! LOL half the cc's and the same hp is really impressive.... sure the design of the TT250 is decades old technology but still
that is quite a change is a short period of time !
..... I thought that very interesting !
later !
Bob......