Thread: KLR Wiring Fun
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2022, 05:06 AM   #5
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL I hear that alot.... it's no big deal I can touch with the balls of my feet etc.etc.
push your bike backwords in uneven ground while sitting astride it if you can...
it is more important than most people realise that you can at LEAST touch flat footed with both feet at a stop sign ! ...NO REALLY ! ....I know you get used to it.... but it's still not safe for you or your machine ! stopping a top heavy machine from falling over is hard enough.... give it 15 more degrees of movement before your foot firmly connects to the ground to arrest that movement makes it 5 times as hard !.... my big heavy RX4
would just keep going to the ground ! so I lowered it to flat footed while sitting on it and I haven't dropped it sense.... seat height is something no one considers... but it should be one of the first things for safety reasons ! ...it's not nice to be spit off your bike in traffic waiting for the signal to change....your a danger to everyone around you....all because of seat height..... it's silly I tell ya ! Plane silly !
Bob.......

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.