View Single Post
Old June 4th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #56
KazMan
ninjette.org member

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): none yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Cowboy View Post
I was there for the 84 race. I rode in BOTT. I think I got a 5th. I can't remember. I broke my arm in practice in the corkscrew(I do remember that). I raced in the race anyway. I was all the way out there from Boston and I wasn't going to miss racing at Laguna. Quarterley and I were out there and both of us crashed. Luckily mine was in practice and I got to finish the race. He crashed out of the race in Superbike.

Coming down the front straight into that long lefthanded sweeper was a rush to say the least. It reminded me of Bridgehampton's long 1/2 mile front straight, under the bridge, then a downhill right sweeper. You held full throttle all the way and hoped you could still see as you went through all the bumps.
Yep, I had the misfortune in 85 of going down in 2 on my 250. Was watching Wayne Rainey go through 2 tuck the front, pick the bike up with his knee and continue on. So I started doing that and on the 13th lap of the main (of all laps), I tucked the front and never got it back on rubber. Luckily for me, I was able to get the bike somewhat through the corner and went down the row of haybayles as opposed to directly in like Eddie Lawson and Jon Woo (RIP) did.

Cool thing is I have a video of it. Funny thing is that once I hit the haybales, you hear my friend go "S**T! and the camera lens points to the ground....because he wanted to see what was happening rookie cameraman mistake...

Wish I would have been able to go back east and race Bridgehampton. Loved Loudon though! Was friends with Don Anderson and David Curly Curtis who I raced against

Dale crashed out in 9 right? I was a huge 1/4ley fan, as he was fast and an underdog. I also thought his van with the green flames was so cool!
KazMan is offline   Reply With Quote