Thread: I ride a Harley
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2021, 06:45 AM   #6
SibSerge
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergey

Motorcycle(s): Ninja ZZR250 (EX250H)

To add to what Jim mentioned cutting the battery box off the airbox helps tremendously. After doing this mod I was even able to replace rubber boots on the airbox without taking the airbox out. Check the rubber hose coming from the crankcase to the airbox. This was pretty hard on mine after that many years. If it does not seal of not connected at all as it was in my case (when they are hard and someone moves the airbox around they just fall off) it creates an air leak.

I would suggest to keep the fuel components stock. Keep in mind this is not exactly the same bike as Ninja 250r. It has different size jets and if you modify it like 250 for example shim the needles it might become worse.

Otherwise the bike is pretty good even post novice. I was thinking the same as you when I got mine but now after adding a top box, fixing few things and updating the suspension I want to keep it for a bit. It's absolutely great for city/80km/h highways. 100km/h are ok and I can keep up with the traffic around toronto well in generaal (they like driving at 120km/h here). Overtaking does take some planning, however.

Keep in mind that the first thing you should do after making it running is to make sure the springs in the front do match the weight of the rider. It will make the world of difference. I am 195lb and the stock front springs were too soft. I was bottoming it out pretty frequently as it turned out. I noticed that you got it for your wife and she is likely ok with the stock and you might need to go lighter but that's one area I would recommend checking.
SibSerge is offline   Reply With Quote