View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #15
Liquidtoon
ninjette.org member

Name: Josh

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbonds007 View Post
Can't have your cake and eat it too. You want atari simplicity, yet you could simply give up PSN, Steam, Kinect, etc... but you don't. How in the world you expect to have the complexity of online networking without online verification in the form of a simple user name/password is beyond me.

You basically want all this amazing stuff to happen (online gaming, online shopping, multiple user accounts, motion controls, social networking) but want it to be as easy as using a freaking Atari? An atari that could barely render more than 8 different types of pixels at any time?! That is like blaming a Ninja 250 for requiring so much more maintenance than a bicycle.
How about one account? The same account for all of it? or how about all these accounts that are designed primarily to benefit the manufactures and not the user go away? The atari was simple you want to play a game done just play, it didnt need to track my activities to report to atari so they could design games, it didnt need 4 layers of security to prevent piracy, it didnt need online shopping or purchase verification or system updates every month. xbox could do it, allow multipul saves for each game, volentary updating, family accounts so anyone could use it, it would be easy to do but it wouldnt be as profitable.

What really got me was the xbox doing facial recognition so i couldn't play with my son, its a game i paid for the game but they are so worried about their bottom dollar that to prevent piracy I put the new game he got for xmas in and then spent an hour doing mandatory game updates, system updates, account verification, ect. only to have it work poorly because of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattcatt View Post
Try the Lastpass extension, it generates random strings for passwords using a list of predefined user criteria. You also have the option to set in an autologin feature so you never have to type in your passwords again or press any dreaded "login" buttons. It works for everything that I've had so far and the secure passwords are nice.

In addition set up your browser to automatically open up all of your required pages so you don't even have to type in the URL's and/or set up your computer to open up your email accounts and stuff automatically when the computer is turned on. Seems to me like that will solve 90% of your technological problems.

As far as the xbox is concerned, I can't help ya there. I haven't touched mine since summer, I require very LONG periods to allow myself to get through my severe gaming addictions lol... So I don't really touch it outside of summer when I get a break from class
my browsers all save my passwords, except my work one where it wont let me based on permissions but my problem isnt with the password just the numerous different accounts. My problem isnt really with the accounts themselves either just the general lack of integration between them all.

My degree is in computer programing and its probably just because I see the short comings in it that it drives me crazy. Im sure if I was a mechanic and see people selling poorly built cars as designed that way for your benifit it would be the same but I guess with the holiday stress and long day I might have went a bit far with it.
Liquidtoon is offline   Reply With Quote