View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2010, 07:41 AM   #28
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

It will be interesting to see an A B Comparison of those two bikes. It would not be surprising if the major cycle publications are planning a "250cc Shoot Out" There is a huge differance between a single cylinder bike and a twin--especially the way they handle. This is where individual preference comes in. I think that FI and non FI will not be a tipping point--price will. Also it is no longer a question if Kawi will bring the FI model to the US--It is a question of when. My sense is that it will be soon.
For 2011, my prediction is that Kawi will still be carbed. Obviously they will be very interested how the FI Honda fares against the carbed Ninja. My suspicion is that the Ninja will dominate, further reinforcing Kawi's goal of keeping the price down by again offering the carbed version. The savings Kawi has realized since 08 by staying carbed will probably result in a 2012 FI Ninja with options like ABS, possibly HID Lights, LED signals and brake light, maybe even some minor tweaks with the bodywork, priced well below the Honda--further widening the gap. This is strictly my opinion -- To word it better it is a SWAG (Scientific Wild Assed Guess)