Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkv45 View Post
Keep working on it.

Know that everyone, even World Champions, go down - even when just training. Marquez and Biaggi - just to name a couple. Pro racers have crashed in the pits (Spencer and Biaggi again) - it happens.

Motorcycles are naturally unstable, and there are going to be times where that's going to get you. Don't sweat it.

I still wish we could get you on a small dirt bike somehow. Learning to control a bike on the edge (small bikes at slow speeds) really helps to gain confidence everywhere.
I am most definitely a Rossi fan, but Marquez is the king of getting himself out of sticky situations. Who knows how many times he has used his skill to save himself from a crash. He does go down once in awhile though.

I've felt the bike being unstable in other situations and it hasn't bothered me. On the dirt roads at Mid O I could feel the bike moving under me. Didn't bother me. On the CVNP this past Sunday I was in a curve and I felt the back tire start to wiggle under me, I noticed it, but just maintained what I was doing in that second or so and then slowly added throttle out of the curve. It didn't faze me at all. As a newb, I say to myself "did I do the right thing in that situation?" was it the best thing to do, I don't know, but I came out of it with no problem in the end. I even did my first baby wheelie on accident coming home. Was at a light on a hill behind a few cars. My buddy to the left and front of me. He went and then I did, and it must have been the right combo of throttle/back brake/clutch to do it cuz I felt her go up a foot or so then come back down. I laughed and kept going.

I'll get over the right turn from a stop thing eventually. Sooner rather than later if all goes well this weekend. I'll have to. I might try to get Takara out one more time before Saturday. It won't be easy for me with work and the fact that it's supposed to pour down rain through Wednesday.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.